Monday 30 August 2010

An Unforgettable Independence Day...



There's nothing much to this Independence Day.. not that it is not that important but something of a greater magnitude is here, the Ramadhan month. Indeed, as it has been highlighted, Ramadhan is the best thing that can happen to us and having the Lailatul Qadar is even greater. As Ramadhan is a month where you busy yourself with your worship to God, some of the common activities are a bit neglected. So who cares if your house is abit messy, who cares if you can't prepare a great meal, who cares if you don't have time to prepare for the Eid - nobody cares. The most important is to optimise our time to do what all muslims should busy themselves with - the worshipping acts. "O Allah, have I done my best? What more should I do now? Please guide me, O my Lord.... help me to get Your blessings and mercy and to attain your forgiveness before Ramadhan went away. O Lord, Please give me more time.. " I repeatedly plead to Allah.

Every night usually we sleep quite late. Last night I was listening to a very inspiring talk by someone from Muamalat Bank who was talking about the miracle of charity. Then I dozed off.... and at around 4am, I woke up with a group of men including the police at my bedroom door. I thought they were thieves - but looking at the policeman, I believe there must be something wrong. We were dumbstruck when we discovered that our house was broken into.. we all went down and talk to the policemen and the neighbourhood security guys - Alhamdulillah...nothing was stolen as our next door neighbour came back just on time and saw a man getting out of my house. It was a trial to see if they can get in and indeed they got in after getting a key from the table near the sliding door. But they did not have enough time to do anything.

Subhanallah.. Allah is great! He protected us as He promised that if we sleep after reciting His holy verses, He will send His angles to guard the house - and indeed, we were protected. I had my handbag downstairs but nothing was taken. Praise be to Allah, Lord of the worlds.

Abu al-‘Abbas ‘Abdullah bin ‘Abbas, radiyallahu anhuma, reported: One day I was behind the Prophet, sallallahu ‘alayhi wasallam, and he said to me:

He said, ""O young man, I shall teach you some words [of advice] : Be mindful of Allah, and Allah will protect you. Be mindful of Allah, and you will find Him in front of you. If you (have need to) ask, ask of Allah; and if you seek help, seek help from Allah. Know that even if the Nation (or the whole community) were to gather together to benefit you with something, they would not benefit you with anything except that which Allah has already recorded for you, and that if they gather together to harm you with something, they would not be able to harm you with anything except that which Allah has already recorded against you. The pens have been lifted and the pages have dried."


So on this Independence Day - 31 August 2010, I feel the highes of greatfulness to my Lord.. repeatedly I say and mean it in my heart..."O Allah, praise be to You... Praise be to You for having the independence and feeling of security and having provision under Your great protection." Allahu Akbar!!

No comments: