Friday 3 September 2010

O Allah.. I am submitting willingly




The noise of this busy life urges me to escape,
Searching for a place where my mind can be heard,
Where silence is a pearl kept hidden in its shell,
My path to that seclusion is a wondrous journey, I can tell.

Where can I find a serene place as a get-away,
When movements are stillness moving through time all day,
Crying aloud to You and begging You as I may,
That is my intention You know well without say,
For You are The Most High, created men from clay.

But all I could do is work – one task after another,
Not having time to pause and reflect but to continue no matter,
I ask myself if this is what my life is, forever and ever?
Until I meet You and realize my time is over.

O Allah, You test us with things to see if we persevere
Don't be sad, You said and do not fear,
Have we failed Your test as that can be a disaster,
We live with Your Mercy and kindness but Your wrath we most fear,
Your heaven is highly exquisite but Your hell is most severe,
Please take us away from Your anger and we'll repent over and over,
For today we promise to be good but our desire can always steer.

O Allah, they said life is nothing but negligence - is a sure thing,
Those sparkling and illuminating are all deceiving,
Tell me what is unreal and what is attainable - seems confusing,
For I do not know where my road is actually heading,
I wish for days where every moment is exhilarating,
I am crying for help as the evening dusk is approaching,
The night is embracing the day and the light is fading,
Time and time again my clock is ticking,
I am begging You and begging You again,
Help me O Allah, to You I am whispering,
Be close to You, to submit, I am willing.


"And all things in the heavens and the earth, willingly and unwillingly prostrating to Him (in obedience)" Quran,13:15.

No comments: