Thursday 25 November 2010

My new toy

I've always love to be ahead of technology...well, not really. I mean, I love to be ahead of this gadget thing. Today, I received my second macbook and this time is a macbook pro. I was thinking.. you can never catchup with these laptops. When you buy a very expensive laptop, in a few years, it will be cheap and there's no more thrill having it. So when will you achieve your satisfaction? The answer is "never". I know it but it still doesn't bother me to get this new machine. When I was about to buy a new laptop (when I lost my laptop in the lab during my PhD years), my supervisor, Ian said "get a mac and you'll never switch back". I do believe there is some truth in it...because although mac is hardly used in my university and it is a bit difficult to work back and forth from one machine to another when everyone uses microsoft, I still find mac irresistible due to its beautiful interface and slick keyboard. It is true when someone says "mac is like a mercedes" to me and I smiled, feeling satisfied! So tonight I am typing on my new machine and happy, feeling like a little girl getting her new toy! It is funny when you realize that the girl in you will always be there and it feels good to have that little girl in there - Makes you feel young and lively, isn't it. For the next few days/months,

I hope to enjoy this new toy and discover a whole new horizon, insya'Allah. Remember when you were young..how long can your new toy last? I remember my dolls ... they usually end up under the bed or hidden somewhere forgotten... But well, I hope this one will last very very long... and I can see some eyes are already watching closely.....

No comments: