Monday 30 March 2009

GOOD LUCK, KAK LONG!


Dear kak long,

It’s been nice to have a break with you while you needed it so. Penang is beautiful and we really enjoyed the brief holiday. Being a medical student for almost 5 years now, not counting 2 years of IB, I understand that life was quite stressful at times or most of the time. When you were in Dublin, we got to see you more often – you flew to Swansea frequently and we had such a nice time every time you came over. You dad thought you look livelier then – he remembers how you used to look so happy and cheerful. I guess it was the weather, the 4 different seasons and changing colours of leaves and flowers around you makes life so dynamic and exciting.

It was like yesterday when you were in school. You were always having good grades and we don’t even have to tell you to do your readings nor homeworks. You set a good example to your sister and I guess that is why she decided to be a medical student too. You were never difficult, always tolerant and kind. You were never too demanding and very reasonable. What more can we ask from a first born?

Kak Long dear,
I know you are exhausted with your exams and study. I know things aren’t that easy to cope with. I know there are other things in life that you wished for. But we all know that Allah is always just and He will help you. He knows how good you are as a daughter and what you deserve in life. We should have that trust at all times. I wish you all the success in this world and the hereafter. I wish for all my children to be successful in their lives and most importantly, to be happy with what they are doing.

Your final exam is just around the corner. In no time, you’ll end your medical school and out you go to the real world - more challenging, demanding and it can be fun too. Life is so full of surprises, hopes and rewards. Think of all the good things that life has brought to you and what the future holds – that should be a good motivation to go forward.


Therefore, I hope you will gather yourself, collect all the motivations you need for the coming exams and wish you’ll pass with flying colours. I don’t know whether or not you would want to pursue the challenging career of a doctor but you are almost there now. I know sometimes, you do mention your uncertainties and Allah knows best… One thing for sure is that - with your personality and your kindness, I know you can be a good doctor. But of course, PERFECTION TAKES TIME. So don’t worry. Just take one step at a time and make sure you are able to pull this through… you have struggled so much. An Arabic proverb says, “What is destined will reach you, even if it be underneath two mountains. What is not destined, will not reach you, even if it be between your two lips!”
My duas and hopes are with you always. Please forgive us if we have said anything that we should not have or otherwise, if we have not done anything that we should have or otherwise.. but know for sure that we love you so much and will be supporting you all the way.

May Allah bring you success and happiness, amen.
All the best, my love! Chayyyooooook!!!

mama

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks mom..i will, insya'Allah ;)

Anonymous said...

when i am down and my soul so weary,
when troubles come and my heart burdened be,
then, i am still and wait here in silence,
until you come and sit awhile with me.

you raise me up, so i can stand on mountains
you raise me up, to walk on stormy seas,
i am strong, when i am on your shoulders,
you raise me up..to more than i can be.