Sunday 7 December 2008

Night of Eid.. thinking

Tonight is the night or eid. Again I am on my blog trying to capture my inner thoughts. For a few days, life was a bit hectic with lots of weddings to attend and doing some social obligations. It is good to be awake early to listen to your heart and to get connected again. Sometimes, while doing some of your social obligations, you tend to forget who you are and why you are here. Your surroundings are not that supportive.. that I have to remind myself now and then.

I remember when I was in UK - Allah reminded me of how bad things can be. How I should ask fatwa from my heart to seek guidance. I don't know if the signal is still strong but I am sure I can be losing those signals if I am not careful. I am scared if Allah is displease that He will stop sending signals - lights that I need in order to be on the right path. I miss all those moments when I can feel the signals are strong even when I know at times, I make mistake time and time again... but I have trust that with continuous taubah, Allah will guide.

Weddings can be complicated. People likes to follow traditions that are not related to them at all. To conform to a certain social standard, one thought that one has to do certain things and adhere certain regulations or act in certain ways. Like I always said, Allah makes things easy but we ourselves make things difficult for us. The sunnah way is easy to follow but we choose to follow other things - life can be deceiving and many of us can be off tracked! Being at these weddings, I can't stop asking myself what had happened to the society? What do they want to show? Having music and those entertainment - can the wedding be blessed? Will the angles join us in our prayers to ask Allah for the well being of the newly wed? Hopefully the answer is yes. But we are very forgetful and in those loud musics, it doesn't help to remember Allah and to relate to Him. The DJs become the most important person in the weddings... controlling the admosphere. Is that the right thing to do? It is all like the Aznil macam-macam.. people are going for that now. They all want to become Aznil. When I came home (back in Malaysia), I was amazed. How can everyone accepts the TV programs with all those crazy entertainment.. the kids, the old people - they seem to be accepting whatever is there. Can we??? Who is the culprit that sets these standards?

I remember someone's story about the 2 groups of frogs. The 2 groups of frogs were put in 2 separate bowls. One group was in bowl A where the temperature was increasing slowly and the other group was in bowl B where the temperature was normal. When the temparture increased suddently in bowl B, the frogs jumped to save their lives. The frogs in A did not jump because they did not realised the temperature as it goes higher. So at a certain point, the frogs died because they were too weak to jump when they realised the temperature was unbearable.

This will happen to us.. if we let ourselves in these entertainment, we'll not realised until it is too late to save ourselves. Our heart will weaken and we will not see the right thing because we are too deep in it already.

Weddings are blessed occasions. We need to adhere to Islamic traditions. May be the tragedies in our lives.. like Bukit Antarabangsa are reminders to us... yes, they are due to some scientific factors but Allah is wise. He will not let things happen just like that. Things will happen according to the Law of the Universe. We can only see the surface of things.. but we need to open up our hearts too... to listen to the fatwa of the heart. Are we living like true muslims? Are we educating the non-muslims on how we should lead our lives? Unless we stop and think, contemplate and repent, Allah will not bestow on us blessings and happiness that we are searching for. And what's left for us is just a quest of the material things... the moment to moment joy that won't last. Remind me of Al'Ghazali's the alchemist of Happiness.... we should be in the quest of that happiness in order to prepare ourselves for the real life that is coming anytime, insya'Allah!

Wallahu'alam.

No comments: